Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Beginnings Romans 15:23-29

Good Morning,

I am in awe of how God orchestrate things. Today’s devotion so resonates with where we are at THE MARQ. Those who attended members meeting will see the corollary that is pointed out today.  We can hold on to the move of God from the past and miss the move of God in the present.

Allow the spirit to speak to your heart as you, meditate on the image, listen to the song, read today’s devotion

Blessings
Barbara
THURSDAY
SCRIPTURE
23 But now I have finished my work in these regions, and after all these long years of waiting, I am eager to visit you. 24 I am planning to go to Spain, and when I do, I will stop off in Rome. And after I have enjoyed your fellowship for a little while, you can provide for my journey.
25 But before I come, I must go to Jerusalem to take a gift to the believers there. 26 For you see, the believers in Macedonia and Achaia have eagerly taken up an offering for the poor among the believers in Jerusalem. 27 They were glad to do this because they feel they owe a real debt to them. Since the Gentiles received the spiritual blessings of the Good News from the believers in Jerusalem, they feel the least they can do in return is to help them financially. 28 As soon as I have delivered this money and completed this good deed of theirs, I will come to see you on my way to Spain. 29 And I am sure that when I come, Christ will richly bless our time together.
OBSERVATION
  1. When the work God call a leader to do in an area is completed they must move on.
  2. We should provide for the journey of those who are sharing the Gospel.
  3. We should provide financially for the place that we receive our spiritual blessings.

APPLICATION
  1. In what areas is God calling you to make provisions for the Gospel to be preached?
  2. Pray for God to show you ways that you can advance the Gospel.
  3. Are you supporting the work of the church where you receive your spiritual blessing?

PRAYER

Gracious Father, teach us how to move gracefully from the place of completed work to new vistas and venues. Teach us who are left how to release the old and receive the new. Give us a passion to support the ministry with our talent, time, and treasure. In Jesus’ name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment