Monday, January 13, 2014

Transformation -- Romans 15:1-6

Good Morning,

I hope you are still basking in the overflow of the worship as you celebrated the word and fellowship with your brothers and sisters in Christ. As we continue with our study through Romans I want to share with you a portion of yesterday’s sermon at THE MARQ, from Romans 14 Christian Responsibility vv 13-16 We are to judge our own actions and to walk in love by not being a stumbling block to our fellowman. To hear the whole sermon, go to www.stmarkdallas.org and click on the sermon tab.

Here is our devotion for today from Romans 15:1-6 as we remember it's not about us.

Be Blessed

Barbara

MONDAY
SCRIPTURE
Romans 15: We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. For even Christ didn’t live to please himself. As the Scriptures say, “The insults of those who insult you, O God, have fallen on me.” Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled. May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus. Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
OBSERVATION
  1. We are called to sacrificial service in pleasing others
  2. We need patience and encouragement to live in harmony with others.
  3. When we live in harmony we can collectively give praise and glory to God.

APPLICATION
  1. Are there areas of conflict in your life or church that is the result of your wanting only to please yourself?
  2. Who are we intentionally helping and building up in Christ?
  3. What do you need to do to live in complete harmony with others?

PRAYER
Father your call to sacrificial service, patience, and harmony creates turmoil in me because of my personal desires, appetites, and selfishness. There are areas of conflict in my sphere of influence because of it. There are persons I am not helping and I could because of this.  Forgive me of my selfishness. Work in me O Lord to will and to do your good pleasure. In Jesus’ name I pray AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment